Friday, March 29, 2013

Engaging Readers

 
After reading a section from my book yesterday evening I came up with a list of things I need to start doing in my classroom. These are the things I came up with that I need to be doing in my classroom:

· Begin a class chart listing favorite authors and keep adding to it.
· Have students bring in books by their favorite author to share with the class.
· Have students make a timeline of their favorite books over the school year.
· Combine classes to compare favorite authors.
· Do “author talks” along with weekly book talks to recommend books.
· Consult school and public librarians for suggestions about authors to study.
· Have baskets of recommended books.
· Have blank writing notebooks available in which students can record quotes or reactions to favorite books and passages.

No comments:

Post a Comment