Friday, March 29, 2013

My Classroom Library


When I began teaching I was very fortunate because my mother had saved many of my childhood books for me. I took advantage of this and started using them in my classroom since I do not have any kids of my own yet! Teaching kindergarten I love having picture books for my students because many of them come into school not knowing how to read it. I teach them how to picture read and they enjoy having a variety of books to choose from.

Another special thing I did was create a reading corner for my students. This area of my class has changed every year since I started teaching, but I love watching it grown. It is also a center where you must teach and re-teach expectations multiple time with students. I have learned the books and authors 5 and 6 year olds love and have started my own personalized collection of books. I do this so my students will be interested in the books they have to choose from. Most of the books that I order are from the monthly Scholastic book orders. They always have great prices and free shipping too!

No comments:

Post a Comment